Saturday, September 12, 2009

When in Rome!

So the journey took about 37 hours which just about killllled me! singapore airlines were amazing and lufthansa (german airline) were shithouse. The germans in frankfurt were the rudest people id ever come accros and it has completley put me off ever going to germany as the totally fit that cold up themselves nazi stereotype!!!! however the italians are so welcoming and warm! So i was expecting to see the colleseum trevi fountain vatican etc but instead we were locked up with 400 afsers in this bizzare hotel in the hills! it was really fun though and i'm so releieved that in europe most people know a little english and no italian unless they are italian which meant i could talk to most afsers and not feel bad about my shitty language skills. The New zealanders all clicked straight away and we became good friends with the aussies the danish (who were perfect at english) and a few americans as well as a few other randoms. Basically so far i love everything and the only things that arn't that good are the water, its either fizzy or really unrefreshing bottled water, the airlines in europe use really old planes and the staff are all really slack which does nothing for my fear of flying nd the weather is so hot its almost too hot!! my host family are really gorgeous and soo italian! the food is delicious and hopefully my italian will improve soon! if anyone knows how to upload photos please tell me! ciaooo bellas

1 comment:

  1. Soo good to hear you are safe and sound! I know how to upload photos you go to options in your account and play arounf, i'm sure you'll figure it out! Had the ball last night! My date had a lisp!! hehe, nice though. I had very very very sore feet at the end! you hav noo idea! got photos with jeanne, margot and kariba so will put them on facebook as soon as they come out! Have you tried gelato yet?! Have a nutella one for me! im ment to be writing a letter saying why i would be a good leader/prefect for next year, any ideas? i dont know what to say! anyway better go, miss you sooo much already! Oh i sat by grace at the ball! she was at my pres and so was someone else that i'll tell ya about later, love you! Ali xxxx

    ReplyDelete