Wednesday, September 16, 2009

first dip in the med!






had my first swim in the mediterranean yesterday and it was great. The med is far warmer then the pacific and way saltier!! Because Catania is practically built on mt Etna it meant that the beach closest to my house was an array of dark volcanic rock rather than sand. Surprisingly I really liked the rocky alternative to golden sand and the sea was great to swim in... wasn't so keen on the little men wearing speedos and gold chains or the fact that i looked like a luminescent albino compared to the seriously bronzed locals! After the beach we went and had a look at this beautiful old castle on te outskirts of Catania. Molto Bene!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos and I am just loving your comments Charlotte. I agree about the men and gold chains!! Last day of term today so extra busy cleaning up the tech rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. you crack me up... luminescent albino.

    ReplyDelete