Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Catania fish market!






Today I went with my host mum to the city centre to observe the famous fish market (Pescheri) that is on 6 days a week near the main square. It was totally crazy, there were so many extroverted sicilians screaming at me to buy fish and when I told them I only spoke english they just got overexcited and started shouting more! I was told that today was nothing compared to its usual size as it was raining but I was completely overwhelmed. It was really the first time I felt totally foreign and I stood out like a sore thumb in my purple sundress and white ankle boots, not to mention my blonde hair and pale skin! I also got to see some traditional sicilian ceramics and puppets which are very symbolic and unique to sicily.

1 comment:

  1. holy moly its gorgeous char! im am jelous beyond belief! wish i was over their with you!!! xx ali

    ReplyDelete