Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Photos of palermo, new beach, church and roman ruins









thought it was about time I'd upload a few more pix from the last post.

So I began school today and I couldn't understand a fucking word! Though my italian is improving i can have convos with people in shops etc just very slowly haha. anyway school was completley different.. first off there were 2000 teenage students secondly it was my first time at a boy girl school since I was 8 thirdly no uniform! There wasn't a laptop in sight no active boards and only 1 15 minute break. Also during the break everyone went out for a fag on the school grounds, no smoking behind the bike sheds for this lot! Anyway the school system in Italia is COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT! School begins at 8am you have 3 classes which run for an hour each then a quick break then another 2 or 3 hours depending on your timetable. at 1.15pm or 2.15pm its back home for lunch and a nana nap. Also you stay with one class in one classroom from when you're 14 until you're 19 doing compulsory subjects. Luckily I get to choose my subjects after a week so i'll get to move around. Anyway there is no time for disscussion in class the teacher just dictates bullshit and the class sit there writing like robots. I got a hell of a lot of doodling done! honestly i dont like school here st margarets is soo fun compared to school here. anyway i'll jsut wait it out i'm sure it will be ok. the majority of my class were really welcoming and nice which was good.
Afs camp this weekend on a beach somewhere in sicily i'm quite excited to see some New Zealanders! ciaoo

No comments:

Post a Comment